Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New directions

It must be because I watched Glee too much that I used the series' glee club's name as the title of my very first blog.  I'm not fond of writing down my thoughts before much more do it through the internet although I was exposed a bit to school journalism during my high school and college years.  But lately for no particular reason I am motivated to write again.

A view from top of the University of Mindanao. Photo taken from the school's website.
My blogspot title bares 'An Umyong in the Desert'.  Ano o sino si Umyong? Eto po yung name ng cartoon/caricature ng The Mindanao Collegian, ang official schoolpaper ng alma matter kong University of Mindanao (UM) to refer to an ordinary UM student. And constantly, nakaka-relate ako sa character na 'to in terms of life's struggles as a student before, as a Dabawenyo and as citizen of the country.  I can say I am a certified Umyong because exciting things and experiences happened to me while studying at UM - from studies to vices, from friends to enemies, from love to lust, from happiness to despair and from being nobody to somebody.

It has been a month since I changed job from being an external auditor to an accountant.  For over ten years in audit, once in a while I got this feeling that the field I was previously in was not for me.  And just three days back after I turned one month being an accountant, I realized this is the kind of life and work environment I am looking for.

Some interests and priorities in life have also taken new dimension.  Things that have taken backseat before became exciting pursuits i.e. travel, personal relationships and I guess hobbies as well like blogging.  I feel there are tremendous oppurtunities to grow and enjoy life. 

I'll keep you updated about these pursuits in the coming days.

These are my new directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment