Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy soul

Today, Kuya June will laugh a lot.  It's not because he seldom laughs.  In fact he always laughs I sometimes asked him to stop.  He snorts a belly laughter - even at the onset of a very simple joke from me or from other people.

Some people would find his laugh annoying.  But I don't.  I envy it.  Because I seldom feel such kind of laughter myself.

I met Kuya June through Eric, a distant relative.  Eric hails from Batangas.  I come from Davao.  Literally we are distant relatives, aren't we?  But today is not mine or Eric's story day.  It is Kuya June's.

Helpguide.org maintains laughter is strong medicine for mind and body.  They said laughter triggers the release of endorphins - the body's natural feel-good chemicals.  Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even relieve pain.


Kuya June has a lot of endorphins.  I'm sure of that.  He is always excited.  Siya nga lagi nagpaplano sa mga lakad ng tropa! Di pa tapos ang isa, ayun na nag-iisip na ng iba.  He is easily able to show love.  Thoughtful. Affectionate. Caring.  He is also a touch person.  Kaya rin siguro mahilig manghipo sa iba :-)

Endorphins certainly have good effects to Kuya June.  And his endorphin-filled self is an added blessing to my sometimes laughter-devoid world.  By his laughter, Kuya June made me realized that happiness emanates from one's self, irrespective of what you have or don't have.  I wonder, unlike Kuya June, am I being so hypocritical over things around me so much so that I failed to laugh at smaller, simpler things?  Wish I can be like Kuya June for a day. And laugh all throughout that day.

I can only hypothesize that laughter brings out these traits of Kuya June.  But I am certain I want him this way.

To Kuya June, happy happy birthday. Today, I will try to give you back what you've given.  I'm sure other people will also do the same.  Continue to be a blessing for everybody.  Mwaaaahhhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment